0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.
Well thinking logically I think life-linked summons have one potential issue (bug or feature is up to individual) that if you had let's say 10 summons and an opponent uses a storm attack then initial caster gets 11x storm damage assuming they're all hit with the same spell.
1. Could summons have additional roles other than pure dmg. For example a healing summon that heals the user. In addition you could in theory have summons based around status effects. While more complex would a summon that loots for you be possible?
2. Would upgrading your summon be possible. Would increasing it's HP, mana, defences, dmg, duration, cost etc be a good money sink.
3. Would a dominate skill that converts a mob into a summon (while skill is in effect) be a good idea with success rate based on target's stats.
4. How would a summon be obtained. Is it learning a spell/prayer, a random drop or using a special taming skill. Also if you do obtain a lvl 5 ant summon can you improve it or is it doomed to permanently be lvl 5 or can you in theory train it to 110 with either XP or resources.
5. Could summons also have death sickness so it's stats reduce each time it dies
Perhaps you go for the idea from shroud equivalent to other over times spells using spell regen points. This would also give our regen gear a new aspect. Dunno what atm our max possible regen is, players can reach.But for summoning I would also restrict to skill level, would not be good if level 1 twinks ran around with army of skeletons. You can also attach summonings to charisma/intelligence stats, leading to higher mobs and more mobs....Problem if you build spells with costs reducing their stats, this would lead more and more to food spaming.
Going in hp/mana/grace costs is also an idea, but atm our reservation looks not optimal on client. If you use rage, you always think you are injured.
If you think of this, you could also think of a necromancer class using there hp to summon monsters. Like they must pay for a golem with temporary life and some permanent life. This would open the market for pois in late game again.Also interesting to combine this with alchemy, like you need grave yard dirt to summon skeletons. Or cast spells on corspe, for sure only neutral corpse.So depends also on the spells, summoning skeletons, ghosts, golems or animate dead for example.
Started by Lothien
Started by modularfish
« 1 2 3 4 »
Started by stbernade
Started by Kaze_Senshi
« 1 2 »
Started by Dolfo
2002-2023 © Daimonin MMORPG | Disclaimers