Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  v0.10.6 Bugs  (Read 62056 times)

Joe

« on: 09, March 2014, 04:22:40 »
-When applying a potion from within a bag, it will make the stack disappear until the sack is opened and closed again.

-Newest corpses are shown as the last one in a pile of them, making it hard to  get to it.  Would be much easier if newest was the first in a pile.

These are all I've found so far, will post more as others or myself find them.
Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

smacky

« Reply #1 on: 09, March 2014, 13:34:03 »
Excellent! I was going to ask if anyone had any.

Just to check, have you updated your client to 0.10.6? I don't think it will make a difference here, but JIC.

Offhand, the potion stack in bags thing sounds like something fixable with an interim.

Is it only corpses which stack the wrong way? If so, probably that can be interimmed too. If not, it may require a client fix too.

clobber

« Reply #2 on: 09, March 2014, 14:33:47 »
other bug is no drop items like keys can't be stored outside inventory like key rings.
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

Shroud

« Reply #3 on: 09, March 2014, 15:03:56 »
Well I'll note that with corpse stacking that things like items on the maps (e.g. bones, chairs etc) also appear before them and things like storms also displace corpses.

Talking of corpses you've also got bug or change in behaviour that if you hit a mob with any skill that is too high to give XP regardless of other attacks it will not drop a corpse but lower level skills will still get XP. I'm unsure if that's meant to be fixed or not as it's probably same code that means being in same group as a 110 will give no corpse even if he's on other side of daimonin world
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

smacky

« Reply #4 on: 09, March 2014, 16:30:48 »
The stacks in bags thing (it's broken for all stacks, not just potions) is ultimately down to some old code that I was too lazy to update at the time. That said, there appears to be a small logic bug in my new item code. So ATM the best I seem to be able to do is make it is that the stack does update in your bag but also moves to the first position in your bag.

Example: you have a bag with a sword (A), a ring (B), and 20 food (C) in it. You apply the food. Now the bag shows 19 food but the contents are ordered C, A, B.

I think this is probably too annoying? EDIT: Thinking about this, IIRC it is a client issue -- SECoND handled this (updates to existing inv items) correctly but that change wasn't added to trunk when it was reverted (because it's surprisingly complex to unknot the existing broken client code). So 0.10.6 will get such an update wrong, either making the object disappear as now or seemingly moving it to the below window until you reopen the bag. The best I can do until 0.10.7 is the above (essentially resending the item to the client.

BTW I believe objects on the floor already (have always?) worked like that. Yes? OK?

The key ring bug should be easy to fix.

I remember the corpses jumping around when some idiot stormed (or for whatever reason) really annoyed me. I thought his got fixed  way back (in B4 or so).

The exp thing: not sure but ISTR this was intentional -- ie, a master wizard who punches like a girl kills a goblin with both these skills and does get punch exp but no corpse because he blasted it with a powerful spell: so his crappy skill is trained but he gets no loot because he used a high level skill (no risk, no reward). What do you think?
« Last Edit: 09, March 2014, 19:59:02 by smacky »

Shroud

« Reply #5 on: 09, March 2014, 21:20:56 »
Well what I meant is this scenario.

If you have a corpse and an object on the ground on map (e.g. a mushroom) and a corpse on top and you hit space it says it cannot apply the mushroom. I think in previous version it applied the corpse.

As far as the lack of corpse when you use a high and low level skill relative to mob goes as far as I'm aware it was something introduced in 10.05ad at around same time there was a bug causing mobs killed by 110 skills dropping loot in maus. If it's a deliberate choice rather than a bug then I guess that's a dev decision. From my point of view killing low level enemies already gives much worse loot even with corpses and there is pretty much no risk when you have much higher HP and protects from high level gear even if you only use low level skills. Only thing that really changes is time taken.
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

Joe

« Reply #6 on: 10, March 2014, 00:00:57 »
Using the new .6 client.  I've also got some kind of bug with my Grace.  Showing I have 65,467 grace.  It counts down as I use it, not sure what happened to cause this.  Oh and it's growing as it regenerates.  :o

Also once I switched alts, I can't use /shout command anymore.  Says I'm not on a channel with that name.

When eating food player turns white kinda like invis, also no (Nyom Nyom Nyom) located above anymore.  Confusion works the same way, turn white with no symbol above player.

Lost souls are white until attacked, and also they don't seem to dodge anymore, not that I'm complaining about the dodging, that was a pain anyways.
« Last Edit: 11, March 2014, 00:08:28 by joeshmo »
Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

smacky

« Reply #7 on: 10, March 2014, 18:19:11 »
I've fixed the stacks-in-bags bug (a similar bug meant if you got part of a stack from a bag -- say 40 of 100 coins -- the 60 left in the would disappear until you closed and reopened the bag).

By moving some code from my fix around this no longer changes the item order either (not entirely sure why!).

Fixes on dev. Please try (I want to do a few of these in one interim).

Joe

« Reply #8 on: 10, March 2014, 21:54:17 »
Tested on Dev with potions, water, ammo, and coins.  Works great now, but I did notice if in a shop and pick up potions directly into a bag, it will let you exit the shop without purchasing them.

smacky

« Reply #9 on: 11, March 2014, 12:40:54 »
Really? I can't reproduce this (on local but same code as dev).

However I do notice that if you get a stack of unpaid into an open bag then leave the shop with the bag still open you pay for the items but the stack disappears from your bag until you close and reopen. So same sort of bug as above I guess.

Joe

« Reply #10 on: 11, March 2014, 18:49:29 »
Ok I see what happened.  If you don't have enough to purchase items from the shop you can exit with unpaid items in a bag.

smacky

« Reply #11 on: 11, March 2014, 21:49:40 »
Hm, I just looked at that code and wondered about this...

Anyway I have fixed the shop bug I mentioned last time and changed the original fix for stacks-in-bags. So now there should never be such a bug under any circumstance. However you manipulate a stack, wherever it is, the relevant inventory window should update properly.

clobber

« Reply #12 on: 11, March 2014, 21:52:51 »
Lovely. Good work Smacky.

Incidentally, back in B3 I had a similar bug where if you put an unpaid item within a bag within another bag then you could get it for free. Not particularly related, I just wanted to say well done and got carried away :(
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

smacky

« Reply #13 on: 11, March 2014, 22:29:01 »
Ok I see what happened.  If you don't have enough to purchase items from the shop you can exit with unpaid items in a bag.

For me it still says I lack the funds and won't let me out.

BUT there is a bug and it ties in with what Clobber said about No-drops.

If you pick up an unpaid item then try to put it in a bag, you can't, under the no-drop rules. But if you have an open/ready bag already you can pick up unpaids directly into it.

This confusion is because shop items and no-drops are marked with the same flag (which was originally meant for something else for which Dai uses treasure lists anyway!)

Here's a discussion around this (a very similar) issue from over 4 years ago: https://www.daimonin.org/forums/daimonin-project/no-drop-flags-and-so-on/

So it's probably time to actually fix the whole thing now (well, tomorrow).

smacky

« Reply #14 on: 12, March 2014, 13:29:02 »
What fun. There exist both no_drop and startequip flags. Both actually mean no_drop but at some point for some reason startequip was favoured and 'developed' more.

But no_drop works in as far as such items can't be dropped (although an explanatory message has been deliberately commented out for some reason).

So startequip items can be dropped by a player but disappear (and are confusingly referred to as NO_DROP items, eg, keys) but do not drop from mobs. They also cannot be put in containers.

Also, the startequip flag was hijacked for use with shop items just to add to the confusion.

I (propose) shall merge the two flags (deprecating startequip in arches and f_startequip in scripts for no_drop and f_no_drop). Players will be able to drop no_drops but they disappear. Mobs cannot. The shop use will not be there anymore (this is essentially technical only).

I need to think on the no_drops-in-bags issue. Presumably we do want this to be possible (eg, keys in keyrings)?

Tags: