Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Display bugs in Development Client  (Read 156908 times)

zrubavel

« Reply #45 on: 25, February 2012, 16:15:01 »
Not sure what this is about but gold does not appear visually in my inventory- three times i've sold stuff to the store it told me I received x Gold the gold is there- i can deposit it into the bank, when I make repairs or go to the priest it recognizes it, its just not drawn.
a good sharp edge
is a man's best hedge
against the uncertain vagaries of life
Corb Lund

smacky

« Reply #46 on: 25, February 2012, 17:42:30 »
Oh I think I know what that is. I think its some old experimental code has crept in where it shouldn't have. Will look in a bit.

smacky

« Reply #47 on: 25, February 2012, 17:57:55 »
Hm, no the code is fine and ingame I have no issues.

Try replacing the facepack.p0 with the one from SVN (or just rebuild the client if that's easier)... Seems a long shot but perhaps yours got corrupted.

clobber

« Reply #48 on: 25, February 2012, 21:10:27 »
I have another one for you.

I've switched back to 10.5 and the text starts to go out of the text box so it will be around 3 lines of communication before I can see it.
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

zrubavel

« Reply #49 on: 26, February 2012, 01:23:22 »
So my initial report was wrong, since I hadn't payed enough attention...It is not just a problem with gold, it seems that this is the case with all money received from selling things to the shop.After following smacky's advice I reinstalled my 10.6 client from the svn, and  I went into the shop with 2 gold 95 silver showing in my inventory sold a bunch of stuff got payed for it, but my inventory shows only 2 gold 95 silver. Again, the smith, bank and priest recognize that I have more on me then 2 gold and 95 silver...3 gold 22 silver and 36 copper to be exact.
a good sharp edge
is a man's best hedge
Corb Lund

smacky

« Reply #50 on: 26, February 2012, 04:05:47 »
@Zrub: Very odd 'cos I have no such problem. Sounds like your inv just is not being updated for some reason. Try dropping then picking up another item. Then try with the invisible coins. Also, try 0.10.5.

@Clobber: Do /reset widgets when you go 6->5.

zrubavel

« Reply #51 on: 26, February 2012, 04:53:12 »
Umm I feel really stupid,but it could be just that I had a bag open and didn't realize it and it was putting the money into the bag, and because of the buggy text windows I was not aware...I.e. I get a message that says you "receive x silver for y item" and the next line "x silver was put in bag of holding" was cut off...This is also the reason I'm not aware of bags being open or closed (or so I try to console myself for my foolish alarm...)

although I'm not 100% certain this is the case and this happened four different times, and its hard for me to think that I randomly had a bag open in my inventory four different times and did not know, but this last time when I experimented with different items as Smacky said I noticed that I had a pouch opened (which is why as I experimented it was only with money)...Anyway unless I or some one else experiences anything like this again, we can think of it as being resolved and never speak of it again...ever.
« Last Edit: 26, February 2012, 04:57:04 by zrubavel »
a good sharp edge
is a man's best hedge
Corb Lund

clobber

« Reply #52 on: 26, February 2012, 14:23:11 »
Ok, for anyone else with the /reset widgets - you need to do it twice for it to work. Just once won't display anything.

Plus it doesn't solve the problem of lines of text disappearing :(
« Last Edit: 26, February 2012, 14:26:06 by clobber »
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

_people_

« Reply #53 on: 20, March 2012, 02:52:51 »
@Smacky: What version of GCC are you using? I'm getting loads of different segfaults during all sorts of stages of login/logout. I'm wondering if there's just some difference in GCC, since I'm on Ubuntu 11.10 (yuck) and I'm getting loads of issues.

In 0.10.5, all I got was a segfault sometimes when killing mobs. Selim also had the same issue (Gentoo IIRC), so I told him to try 0.10.6. He said that he no longer segfaults when killing (I don't either), but we both get a lot of other crashes on 0.10.6.
-- _people_ :)

smacky

« Reply #54 on: 20, March 2012, 13:19:16 »

I have occasionally had inexplicable segfaults on client startup but (so far) nothing during play/login/logout. There are clearly issues somewhere though.

_people_

« Reply #55 on: 20, March 2012, 23:21:05 »
Thought I'd posted my GCC version up there - 4.6.1

I'll downgrade and see if any issues go away.
-- _people_ :)

clobber

« Reply #56 on: 20, March 2012, 23:30:24 »
Smacky,
 The writing is tiny in the latest revision of the dev client.
I know you can change the message and chat sizes, but you can't change the rest, like name, log-in stages, text on all the widgets etc.

Is this going to change with DaiFonts?

Also, when opening containers which are not in your inventory, it does not display them as being applied or open, unless there is something actually inside of them.

And another one, with the SENTiwhatever interface, when your roll over a link it changes to purple, but in this revision, it won't change back to blue when the cursor moves off of it.
« Last Edit: 20, March 2012, 23:35:09 by clobber »
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

smacky

« Reply #57 on: 20, March 2012, 23:50:36 »
The font thing: Yeah, that's because they're my quick efforts. For example the arrows and smileys are also much too big for tiny, small, and medium (and too little on huge). Give it tiime and an artist will (I hope) produce some nicer ones.

Empty containers: Sounds like a bug.

Link colours: Another bug.

clobber

« Reply #58 on: 20, March 2012, 23:55:17 »
Congrats on your holy 7777 post.

Do you want me to bug track them?
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

smacky

« Reply #59 on: 21, March 2012, 11:01:07 »
Sure. It's always helpful to have bugtracks.

Tags: