Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Guild Revamp Discussion  (Read 62210 times)

Shroud

« Reply #75 on: 19, September 2014, 00:12:47 »
I guess so, although it's a bit depressing when I can barely last 15min without crashing the server :P
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

smacky

« Reply #76 on: 19, September 2014, 12:00:48 »
I couldn't reproduce Shroud's bug but have fixed a likely/potential bug anyway. So have a go.

The priest stairs issue is because the server (always has)   temporarily stored the exit's exit path in ->title. This is then cleared at the end of that bit of code so is normally invisible/irrelevant to players.

However because that exit (presumably) returns from its script to block /apply it apparently doesn't get as far as clearing it.

Since early 0.10.5 the temp storage has been pointless anyway AFAICR but I left it in... well no reason really. So I'll fix this in code in a bit.

clobber

« Reply #77 on: 19, September 2014, 13:39:30 »
Thanks Smacky :)

Please would you give testing another go shroud?
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

Shroud

« Reply #78 on: 19, September 2014, 17:01:54 »
I reached mercenary guild and they have no quests whatsoever.

Also just a feedback comment but while I did Guild Hall quests wasn't idea originally to have a trainee guild. I think have to join priest/mage/warrior guild as you do quests isn't necessarily user friendly as it means skills you just learnt are obsolete
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

clobber

« Reply #79 on: 19, September 2014, 17:04:32 »
It was but that was what I lost motivation with so just finished what I had started. The current idea is that you'd pick a guild and stick with it. Mercs are for life, not just for Christmas.
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Shroud

« Reply #80 on: 19, September 2014, 17:22:22 »
Yes, well my point is that mercs don't have quests or I need to gain levels to unlock them. One npc says Hello and other one doesn't even answer me

clobber

« Reply #81 on: 19, September 2014, 19:04:39 »
The one that says hello needs more levels. Get them. It's the same level req as for the mages and the priests.

The other one is probably broken. I'll fix him.
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Shroud

« Reply #82 on: 19, September 2014, 19:05:45 »
how many more levels? Each time I crash server it rolls back so it could be a while...

petarkiller

« Reply #83 on: 01, October 2014, 16:22:04 »
Hmm, but what about people that have 110 in ph,ag,ma,wi? if for example they choose merc guild they won't be able to use wi or ma even though they leveled it? I like the idea of focusing on one guild if you join it, but mostly new players don't know what are the benefits of being 110 in that guild. For example what's good about mage when they are level 1 and don't even know what magic bullet is even less what lightning and how much damage and what resistances you can have at 110 with normal mage items.  They also don't know the camping spots and where mage excels at. But even if they do know, you don't know if it will suit you, for example i played games and in some of them mage isn't what i expected it to be and is actually pretty annoying to use.

clobber

« Reply #84 on: 01, October 2014, 17:41:29 »
Read back, its been answered.
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

petarkiller

« Reply #85 on: 02, October 2014, 21:59:27 »
Sorry, i was confused for a bit, i thought that i have read everything here.

Tags: