Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Character Names Revealed  (Read 250897 times)

Torchwood

« on: 03, March 2007, 23:26:31 »
Maybe you won't want to contribute to this thread, or maybe you will ... why is your character called so?

Torchwood = Name of hit (?) TV series from UK ... see http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/

Torchwood will follow the adventures of a team of investigators as they use alien technology to solve crime; both alien and human.

Caecilius

« Reply #1 on: 03, March 2007, 23:47:36 »
Name of a character in my Latin textbook... I have no idea why I'm partial to the name, but I am. So yeah.

Ellwoodblues

« Reply #2 on: 04, March 2007, 02:58:45 »
Ellwoodblues

A name from a Saturday Night Live character.  One of the main characters in the greatest movie ever made, "The Blues Brothers."

Tehrr

« Reply #3 on: 04, March 2007, 03:22:28 »
haha torchwood this is from our conversation an horu or two ago huh...
haha well
mines like this
teh-------rta------pimp
teh=the
rta= run to akara (for those of you who've played that game, i wont mention)
pimp=pimp, obviously
and i've spawned all my characters off that name, mainly.
tehr(tapimp)
tehrtapimp
tehrtapimpp
yeah lol :P
magicpimp (was to join magicmasters[clan] but never came through)

Rhabwar

« Reply #4 on: 04, March 2007, 06:55:55 »
Mine is from one of my favorite Sci Fi books by White - rather old - written decades ago.  Google it if you're interested.  It was the name of an ambulance spaceship.  It's not a great read and I wouldn't recommend it, but it was the first paper back sci fi among a few hundred to follow that I read when I was younger, and well, first loves ....

Cleopatra2

« Reply #5 on: 04, March 2007, 10:58:31 »
Mine was from movie Asterix and Obelix - mission Cleopatra, which I loved when I was about 10 years old or less...  :mrgreen:
Click to visit the slowly growing community of programmers and web developers at atokar.org

trepie

« Reply #6 on: 04, March 2007, 14:40:50 »
Trepie is a miss-spelling of a 'group' of students who banded together in their admiration for a character from Final Fantasy 8.

Trepie is always my primary char. It was my very first internet SC and am usually very much aggrieved when I find it already taken, as I am very rarely given any royalties!

Other names you may find me on are Treppie/Treps/Trep... And of course the many hundred I may use if I didn't want you to know it was me ;)

I get around a fair bit, so if you see a trepie or a slight variant of the name, then drop a line an see if you've found me...

Safe, Trepie

Talwoasc

« Reply #7 on: 04, March 2007, 15:12:54 »
Hehe, I got bored of sorting through a load of 'regular' names when trying to join sites with a large membership base, so I hit on 'talwoasc' as an alright sounding name (also abbreviates nicely to Tal ;) )
Basically, it is an acronym of 'Take a long walk off a short cliff', which is one of the first English phrases/sayings that I translated into German (not sure if it actually means anything to Germans though!)
Talwoasc is back, and hopes to be able to update his shop soon.

grommit

« Reply #8 on: 04, March 2007, 16:52:10 »
Hmm. Don't know if Germany has any cliffs....

Anyway, should be obvious where my name comes from - although I discovered quite late on that there should only be one 'm' :oops:

smacky

« Reply #9 on: 04, March 2007, 17:31:59 »
The origins of Smacky a lost in myth and legend and heroic sags of real mercenaries who use 2h..

Hell_god_zion

« Reply #10 on: 04, March 2007, 18:53:29 »
MY name  comes from the demonic guy called satan XD..... and as im Hells God (satan)  and zion is a blackhole type thing.... so ZoC means blackhole of chaos XD
HellGodZion
Head Leader of ZoC
And The Devil Himself! <SATAN> :twisted:

vinhi

« Reply #11 on: 04, March 2007, 19:22:36 »
Vin-Hi dates back to high school (many moons ago ;)) to a kid that used to sit at our lunch table.  To make a long story short and cut out a lot of background information, he would routinely sit down and introduce himself by saying "Vinnn... Hiiii..."

Somehow, I've adopted this as my internet alias for many sites.  Normally, I go by jboz24 but since numbers aren't allowed here and to avoid confusion with the existing player jbizzle I stayed with Vinhi.
[img:9954d9ca8d]http://www.castlecops.com/zx/jboz24/daimonin_levels.gif[/img:9954d9ca8d]

campkillyourself

« Reply #12 on: 04, March 2007, 20:11:50 »
well bloodlust is a name of a vampire in the 1300's ish but now you can find the name in many anime's and books

i believe one of the books the name can be found in is
"legend of a darker blood"
im not 100% on that been a bit since i have read that book

and i believe for animes the name can be found in both
"vampirer hunter D"
     and
"hellsing"
not sure on the hellsing one

i use it alot but you will also see me as

"god_hand"
oh the demon gods lord of birth for all demons
<also can be found in the anime berserk heh>

gutZz or gutz or something around that
the black swords men or the 100/1000 man slayer
<also can be found in berserk>

or many others

i have like 30 defrent email address's
and 4 web sites
and 2 myspace's lol

and the list goes on but i dont want to make this too long just killing time waiting for this download

so

P*E*A*C*E!
Founder of blood_raiders
level110

Caecilius

« Reply #13 on: 04, March 2007, 20:45:18 »
Quote from: "trepie"

I get around a fair bit

WoooooOOOOOoooooo  8)

fatal_bert

« Reply #14 on: 05, March 2007, 01:11:04 »
my name is from the movie fatalbert wicht i never seen lol