Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Stats for special items  (Read 25166 times)

Joe

« on: 08, September 2014, 22:07:15 »
Something I would like to see added in game.  We have special items such as minotaur, gargoyle and more.  So I was thinking we should add stats to those specifically named items.  Example: Minotaur could have +2 str, Gargoyle +2 con, and more for the others.

These would be set values for each of the names, let me know what you think.  :)

Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

Shroud

« Reply #1 on: 09, September 2014, 00:21:55 »
Well currently it's used to denote qua so unsure if there's a conflict or not there.

I'll also add that Minotaur and lesser strength are duplicated so unless plan is that a minotaur girdle of lesser strength gives str+4 that needs to be considered

Is this planned to be universal for all items or just for special drops (i.e. you could get Minotaur Hallo Pants of Mass). I'm unsure if this is related or not but I'd actually like to see slaying weapons too even if it had a drawback. For example a Panzer of Dragonslaying where it has slay dragon attribute and then dam-1 or something so it's not overpowered ;)
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

smacky

« Reply #2 on: 09, September 2014, 19:15:04 »
I  like this idea, though as Shroud points out, the devil's in the detail.

AFAICS there should be no conflict with material denoting qua and stat bonus/malus.

I think the best way to do this (assuming it is universal) is in code. This would also mean it takes effect retrospectively on artifacts.

Also it will make more sense when we go to an officially wider stat range (either 1-200 or 1-250) meaning a player can sensibly wear lots of, eg, str +X items without being ridiculously overpowered. And also items which give their +/- as a particular bonus, eg, of lesser strength, can give, say, 4+ points while material +/- are limited to, say, 1-3.

Shroud

« Reply #3 on: 10, September 2014, 01:18:28 »
I was thinking but theoretically you could even take this idea to logical extreme by adding additional parameters

e.g. for an item it could be [attunement][enchantment][race] of [stat]

This means you could get an item called Chaotic Healthy Minotaur girdle of medium dex and it would have attuned:chaos, hp+50, str2, dex4

I'll also add that I'm not saying all items would have that but in this scenario you could get randomly generated items close to power to special drops. A lot of games have it so that enchantments aren't rare on items but number of enchantments determines rarity. How useful item is depends on synergy and class.

Also as far as racial items go is it or isn't it logical that Minotaurs would either be unique source of Minotaur items or that they have a greater chance of dropping them.

As an added question on a bit of a tangent I'll ask when happens if HPregen gets negative. Certainly for mana regen when it hits zero it still regens. If you do lose HP when it goes negative then something like dam+10.0/HPregen-100% or ideas along those lines that could be items with cursed strength although it needs to be finely balanced
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

Tags: