Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Lost /Shout Channel  (Read 5727 times)

FLANDRY

« on: 03, March 2014, 20:59:30 »
So I lost the /shout channel, both speaking in and hearing from. I may have lost it while going in and out of /VOL status. Clobber has tried to help me with /channel general+ , channel General+, and channel G+/g+ but none of those get /shout back for me. I keep getting the msge you aren't in that channel or it doesn't exist when I try and use /shout.

I type /channel ? and I get these channels that exist for me *(2) [W] MW when /VOL is active ... I have nothing when /VOL isn't activated .... HELP !!

clobber

« Reply #1 on: 03, March 2014, 21:32:25 »
You haven't practiced muting on yourself, have you?
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

FLANDRY

« Reply #2 on: 03, March 2014, 22:04:33 »
Not that I remember. Did you hit me with one that I don't know about ?....  :paranoid:

_people_

« Reply #3 on: 03, March 2014, 22:09:17 »
I readded him to the general channel using /channel general!add Flandry and it worked. Probably some sort of untested 0.10.6 change.
-- _people_ :)

clobber

« Reply #4 on: 04, March 2014, 08:58:43 »
Will have to bear that command in mind - thanks, _person_!
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

smacky

« Reply #5 on: 04, March 2014, 15:10:53 »
I can't be alone in noticing the hassle Flandry has put us through this last week or so. Don't forget /ban still works fine in 0.10.6... ;)

Seriously, I'm not aware of any particular change to the channel code in 0.10.6. I did notice lots of new channels on main when I logged in to reboot for the first time in months the other day. That may be relevant because the channel code IS borked in a few placec (meaning mainly selecting a specific channel can be ambiguous). I did rewrite the code way back when Torchwood was doing his clans code. One day I'll actually commit those changes.

_people_

« Reply #6 on: 04, March 2014, 17:13:52 »
There are only 3 channels that aren't part of the default channel list, all of which have been there since around the time the channel system was introduced.

FLANDRY

« Reply #7 on: 04, March 2014, 18:03:54 »
I can't be alone in noticing the hassle Flandry has put us through this last week or so. Don't forget /ban still works fine in 0.10.6... ;)

But but but ... I was only trying to help with possible bug problems, I usually do my best work by experiencing them first hand :)

Like now I have the 0.10.6 client DL'd and I can't get it to open the game unless I delete my current version of 0.10.6 and re-install a new version. I have done a search for all the bits and pieces of Dai each time and removed them ... I don't know whats going on now. I will have to look into it further when I get back from Choo Choo train school in 2 months :(

FLANDRY

« Reply #8 on: 24, July 2014, 05:22:57 »
We'll it happened again .../sigh. I disabled VOL and when I tried to go back to VOL status I lost all my channels again. Now with VOL on or off I can't use any channels    Help !!

Joe

« Reply #9 on: 27, April 2015, 02:34:08 »
Myths lost here shout channel and I can't seem to get her added.  Using /channel general ! add st_myths  Not sure what the exact command is if anyone can help please.
Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

_people_

« Reply #10 on: 27, April 2015, 05:55:15 »
/channel general!add St_myths

So like you tried, but without spaces. ;)

Joe

« Reply #11 on: 27, April 2015, 06:40:25 »
Oh right, I was so close...Thanks!
Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

Joe

« Reply #12 on: 23, May 2016, 23:25:39 »
Seems new players are starting game and don't have /shout.  I've used /channel general!add titanfiend  to add a player but it's not working, instead he gets the message "Channel name is not unique".

_people_

« Reply #13 on: 25, May 2016, 01:28:51 »
I've tried creating a new character and shouting, and it works fine. I've also tried using an old character, no problems. The account I used isn't on the gmasterfile, so that's not an issue.

I recall a while back I saw Titanfiend online and recognized that he's probably the same as every other Fiend we've had over the years. So since he wasn't chatting, I checked to see if he was in the General channel and he was. I'm not sure how, but I think he's somehow corrupted the channel data in his playerfile. For the time being, if anyone sees him online try removing him from the normal shout channel a few times (should be /channel g!remove Titanfiend ).

I'll be rewriting the channel code over the week and I'm planning on pushing out 0.10.7 by Monday. Fixing channels is the last bug I consider "release-limiting" so I think that's a realistic goal. Any extra time I have will be spent fixing other bugs.

clobber

« Reply #14 on: 26, May 2016, 21:04:08 »
He's not that fiend. He's a diferent fiend.
Posted by Clobber

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Tags: