Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Magic Container Bug  (Read 92764 times)

FLANDRY

« on: 20, July 2014, 00:52:11 »
I just bought a upgraded apartment and the magic containers ... bags, sacks, backpacks, and quivers transfered but when I picked them up they disappeared. One of the backpacks was full of wands/dusts and the quiver was full of arrows. I don't know if this is a new bug or something old.

FLANDRY

« Reply #1 on: 20, July 2014, 05:05:54 »
UPDATE: I just logged back in and the containers were all back in my backpack. I know they where not there when I logged out since I went to a dungeon to lvl and like to travel light. 

smacky

« Reply #2 on: 20, July 2014, 12:36:50 »
So you haven't actually lost anything?

Sounds like, for some reason, the server is failing to update the client properly when you move magic containers into your inv so they seem to disappear. But when you log back in the initial inv update gets it right so they reappear.

The good news is they're always there as far as the server is concerned. So relogging will cause the client to get it right.

Shroud

« Reply #3 on: 20, July 2014, 18:04:41 »
Actually magic containers have a much bigger problem. From what I can gather when an item is placed or removed from a magic container client fails to update weight changes in relation to speed. I think what is does is that it uses both old and new location for speed calculations so if you take 45kg of stuff out of a magic bag it will assume you have both 45kg out of bag and 45kg in bag when performing client side calc for speed. Funnily enough weight is correct. Logging in/out fixes it but sometimes client crashes upon relogging in
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

smacky

« Reply #4 on: 20, July 2014, 21:57:35 »
ISTR some very similar bug report from just a few months ago. Not sure what if anything was done about it. The report must be in the recent topics in this board though.

Shroud

« Reply #5 on: 20, July 2014, 23:24:24 »
Not sure, although if I had to give an analogy it's like a memory leak but with weight capacity instead of ram. That means when doing work with bags of holding you need to logout a lot
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

howudon

« Reply #6 on: 31, July 2014, 21:17:55 »
Having an issue with taking out and putting items in bags atm. I open the bag and try to put a certain amount of food in it however when i delete a number it will not allow me to input any values other than the numbers already on the txt. i.e. i have 140 food in my inventory but not in a bag. when i open the bag and grab the food to put it in the txt bar reads 140. if i delete a number im not able to put in another value so the amount at a time i can put in the bag is either 1, 14, or 140. say i put 14 in the bag the new value outside of the bag is 126 and now i would only be able to move the values of 1, 12, or 126 at a time. Ive noticed this happens both putting items in a bag as well as taking items out of a bag and trying to drop as well.

I mentioned this issue to joeshmo and he aided me with a new bag to try so i dropped the bag i had in inventory and tried to pickup his (with 0kg) and client stated it was too heavy. when i tried picking up my bag on the floor it stated the same. (that it was too heavy for me to pickup) A that time i had only 25.4kg (roughly) carried and 140kg (give or take) total capacity. Joeshmo suggested a client reboot and upon my return i was able to pickup both bags however the value inputting issue still remained.

Joe

« Reply #7 on: 31, July 2014, 21:25:45 »
One thing I forgot to ask is if you're using the newest client?
Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

howudon

« Reply #8 on: 31, July 2014, 21:27:39 »
I actually had to redownload everything from scratch from site

clobber

« Reply #9 on: 01, August 2014, 11:20:17 »
Howudon!! Howudoin'? Ltns :)
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

howudon

« Reply #10 on: 04, August 2014, 21:42:48 »
indeed clobby :)

smacky

« Reply #11 on: 04, August 2014, 23:36:41 »
Howudon, what client versions are you using (says somewhere on screen before you login and I think the command /version should tell you too)?

IIRC the download from the site is 0.10.5. The autoupdater brings this to 0.10.6 but not sure if the autoupdater currently runs by default.

It'd be very useful if someone could isolate this to a specific version client bug.

Shroud

« Reply #12 on: 05, August 2014, 00:38:06 »
0.10.06 also doesn't work. If you want to test it get a bag (of holding?) and fill it with either 3-4k arrows or a few hundred food. Then drop it directly from bag and your speed will decrease despite it having left inventory.

I think time when it broke was when pickup code was modified

smacky

« Reply #13 on: 05, August 2014, 12:20:39 »
OK that's useful. I'll do some local tests with and without the new pickup code. If it's not this code, and therefore probably a client-only bug, a fix will have to wait til 0.10.7. If it is the pickup code (so server bug) we might be able to do an interim fix.

In the meantime, does relogging, as with Flandry above, always fix whatever issues on 0.10.6?

Shroud

« Reply #14 on: 05, August 2014, 17:32:43 »
Relogging always fixes problem, although client does quite often crash before it's fixed when you try to log on again. I suspect that problem lies in fact that when certain pick up operations are carried out client doesn't update the carried/available weight attribute so I don't think problem is server side and more a client compatibility issue. Having said that it's hypothetical guesswork ;)

Tags: