Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Lost Skills/Levels  (Read 452968 times)

clobber

« Reply #105 on: 17, July 2014, 15:53:27 »
Huzzah!
Posted by Clobber

Collector Of Burnt out torches, 0 and Counting.

,-.  ___ ,-.
 \/ .   .  \ / 
(___O___)
 /  \      /   )
 ( ||       || )
  000     000
Woof, Woof!

Quote from: Longir
I use caution, fear is a distraction

Shroud

« Reply #106 on: 17, July 2014, 21:09:55 »
If it's fixed that's great. I'll note that a lot of quests that seem to be getting singularities are ones that take a long time to complete or ones that players deliberately don't claim reward upon completion. For example bebeniss quest is worthwhile waiting for blessing to work while how to skin a cat is only way to make a weapon faster so is too valuable to waste ;) I saw a lot of event ones too so if you haven't got a fix it appears it would then be an event with a random chance to occur to any active quest with ones staying open having a better chance either by mechanism or probability
Doesn't matter, you'd die anyway. ;D Shroud's a hacker. After many hours of deep thought I have came to that conclusion.

smacky

« Reply #107 on: 17, July 2014, 22:25:35 »
It's kill/killitem quests.

Basically the problem was that two bits of code (the lua AddQuestTarget() method and the code which checks every kill to see if it matches a quest target) would check the quest_info's (the template for a target) attributes. One attribute it checked was name. Right now the exact detail has slipped my ming, but at some stage it would check that there was a name and if so remove it from the hash table. But crucially it didn't set the attribute to NULL; Meaning that next time it would try to remove the same word from the hash table.

Normally this would not be so terrible (it's an error but it shouldn't really do much damage).

quest_info objects use the object id as the name though (a few objects do, again not terrible if the code is OK). So eventually the arch id would be removed from the hash table (this is terrible). Result: quest_info singularities.

It gets a bit more complex. I'm not entirely clear why it became a problem in the last year or so. The dodgy code is several years old. I think an interim (0.10.5-ad) unlocked it by smoothing out the code around the plugin; previously the bug was all tangled up in one of the runkles. But I'm not sure.

smacky

« Reply #108 on: 03, August 2014, 21:29:12 »
I'm pretty confident the level bug has finally been squished. Definitely the bit that caused/was caused by quest_info singularities has been. The next step is to get rid of those singularity objects, which players can do. Below are all the affected players/quests. In game, call up the quest log (Q), choose the named quest, click the Skip button, click Confirm. Then go start the quest again. Do this, even if you're 90% through; the current quest is borked.

Code: [Select]
build/server/data/players/c/cu/Cutinclobber/Cutinclobber.pl-name Wizards' Guild Quest
--
build/server/data/players/c/ch/Charmusku/Charmusku.pl-name The Mercenary Guild Quest
--
build/server/data/players/d/da/Dark_avenger/Dark_avenger.pl-name The Beasts from Beyond
build/server/data/players/d/da/Dark_avenger/Dark_avenger.pl-Quest How to Skin a Cat
--
build/server/data/players/a/at/Atomlee/Atomlee.pl-name Elder Wyvern Claw
--
build/server/data/players/a/as/Astinash/Astinash.pl-name Holiday Spirit
build/server/data/players/a/as/Astinash/Astinash.pl-name Bebeniss: The Warrior King
build/server/data/players/a/as/Astinash/Astinash.pl-name Rosie's Rat Problem
--
build/server/data/players/a/ac/Ackros/Ackros.pl-name Mouse Hunt
--
build/server/data/players/a/ar/Artemis/Artemis.pl-name To Slay a Frozen Army
--
build/server/data/players/h/ha/Hafrskegg/Hafrskegg.pl-name Fix the Bugs
build/server/data/players/h/ha/Hafrskegg/Hafrskegg.pl-name Get the Feathers
--
build/server/data/players/p/pu/Purpothead/Purpothead.pl-name Spore Collecting
build/server/data/players/p/pu/Purpothead/Purpothead.pl-Quest Get the Feathers
--
build/server/data/players/t/ty/Tymozenkio/Tymozenkio.pl-name Prove Your Loyalty
--
build/server/data/players/t/ty/Tymozenky/Tymozenky.pl-name Prove Your Loyalty
build/server/data/players/t/ty/Tymozenky/Tymozenky.pl-name Rosie's Rat Problem
--
build/server/data/players/t/ta/Tank_aka_slither/Tank_aka_slither.pl-name Rats in Stonehaven?
--
build/server/data/players/k/ka/Kagrufika/Kagrufika.pl-name Prove Your Loyalty
--
build/server/data/players/k/ki/Killrinian/Killrinian.pl-name Bowl Of Scrying
--
build/server/data/players/k/ki/Killtse/Killtse.pl-name The Mercenary Guild Quest
--
build/server/data/players/s/sh/Shroud/Shroud.pl-name Bebeniss: The Cursed Axe
--
build/server/data/players/s/st/Stk/Stk.pl-Quest Rats in Stonehaven?
--
build/server/data/players/s/sk/Skegg/Skegg.pl-name How to Skin a Cat
build/server/data/players/s/sk/Skegg/Skegg.pl-name Rat King of the Water Well
--
build/server/data/players/o/ob/Oblitus/Oblitus.pl-name Outlaw Quest
--
build/server/data/players/o/ol/Olypian/Olypian.pl-name Fungal Infection
build/server/data/players/o/ol/Olypian/Olypian.pl-name Mouse Hunt
--
build/server/data/players/_/_p/_person_/_person_.pl-name The Wintery Tome
--
build/server/data/players/_/_l/-l_kagrufika_l-/-l_kagrufika_l-.pl-Quest How to Skin a Cat
--
build/server/data/players/_/_q/_ql-funcye-lp_/_ql-funcye-lp_.pl-Quest How to Skin a Cat
--
build/server/data/players/v/vr/Vrael/Vrael.pl-Quest How to Skin a Cat
--
build/server/data/players/l/la/Lackland/Lackland.pl-name To Slay a Frozen Army
build/server/data/players/l/la/Lackland/Lackland.pl-Quest How to Skin a Cat
--
build/server/data/players/l/la/Lavindore/Lavindore.pl-name Fungal Infection
--
build/server/data/players/l/lo/Lowlight/Lowlight.pl-name Rat King of the Water Well
build/server/data/players/l/lo/Lowlight/Lowlight.pl-name The Mercenary Guild Quest
--
build/server/data/players/z/zi/Zircornios/Zircornios.pl-Quest Fungal Infection
build/server/data/players/z/zi/Zircornios/Zircornios.pl-name Rat King of the Water Well
--
build/server/data/players/z/ze/Zekroz/Zekroz.pl-name Holiday Spirit
--
build/server/data/players/f/fl/Flandry/Flandry.pl-name Bebeniss: The Magic Talisman
--
build/server/data/players/b/be/Benzoate/Benzoate.pl-name Fungal Infection
--
build/server/data/players/b/bi/Bitaka/Bitaka.pl-name The Mercenary Guild Quest
build/server/data/players/b/bi/Bitaka/Bitaka.pl-name How to Skin a Cat

EDIT: I should add that there may be borked quests from a few months ago not on this list. If a  quest is not doing what it should (ie, you kill targets but they never register (remembeer most only have a chance anyway so satisfy yourself that they really aren't working)), skip  it and start again. This should not be an issue in future.

So far, hurray for Shroud and Oblitus, boo for everyone else.

I want to turn off skill logging and singularity saving in 0.10.7 but only if this seems fixed.

So has anyone had a recent skills bug and not mentioned it here?

_people_

« Reply #109 on: 03, August 2014, 22:52:05 »
Ok, I just skipped it. :P

I haven't heard of it happening on Main in quite a long time.
-- _people_ :)

Joe

« Reply #110 on: 13, August 2014, 00:06:52 »
I'm requesting do be added to SA list for the time being.  I have a bit of time on my hands and am in the game regularly.  The purpose is to fix those who have lost their levels do to this bug.  Atm Reviver is in game stuck at lvl 1 in her skills.  If I can help restore them I will.  Thanks.
Whoever said "Out of sight, out of mind" never had a spider disappear in their bedroom.

smacky

« Reply #111 on: 13, August 2014, 15:48:13 »
I've NP with thhat. I'll add you later today if noone else does first.

Really GMs should probably have /addecp and /setskill (TBH I thought they did). I'll juggle around some gmaster commands for 0.10.7.

Anyhoo, Clobber (prob _people_ too) can fill you in on the exact details of skill repair.

Tags: